In today’s busy world, the role of Home Appliances has evolved from being a luxury to an everyday necessity. They have become an integral part of our lives and help us get so much done. Any breakdown of our appliances disrupts our everyday lives and throw us off our budget and schedule. A breakdown not only brings financial burden but also a great deal of hassle in getting the products repaired. Annual Maintenance Contracts can alleviate some of these problems but you need to and manage a contract for each of your appliances, provides coverage only against breakdowns and service standards are usually really poor. What if you could protect all your appliances in your home under a single plan and also get a superlative service?
HomeAssist is a unique protection plan with which you can cover all the appliances in your Home against not just functional breakdowns but also against Accidental Damages, Burglary, Fire & 14 other perils under a single plan. E.g. you can cover up to 4 products for a cover amount of Rs. 50,000. Think of it as a family floater plan for your appliances.
What’s more, we not only cover the financial risk associated with the breakdowns of the appliances, but provide exceptional service experience backed by service guarantees in the event of a damage to any of your covered products. If your product can not be repaired, we will provide with you with a monetary settlement reflecting the current market value of your appliance. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions for details.
HomeAssist protects you against the financial risk associated with damage or loss of your covered appliances due to any of the following reasons:
1. Breakdown/Functional Breakdown/Electric & Mechanical Breakdown: Any mechanical and/or electrical defects and or failure of the product that causes it to not function in its intended manner under normal usage conditions.
2. Accidental Damage: A damage to the covered product(s) within the premises as a result of an impact purely as a result of an accident. Any willful damage to the product(s) or negligence on your part to safeguard the product from damage will not be considered as an accidental damage.
3. Special Perils/Fire & Other Special Perils: The following 15 perils are covered:
c) Explosion / Implosion
d) Aircraft Damage
e) Riot, Strike, Malicious Damage
f) Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood & Inundation
g) Impact Damage (Loss of or visible physical damage or destruction caused to the Dwelling insured due to impact by any Rail/ Road vehicle or animal by direct contact)
h) Subsidence and Landslide including rockslide-Loss, destruction or damage directly caused by subsidence or land slide/rock slide excluding:
a. the normal cracking, settlement or bedding down of new structures
b. the settlement or movement of made up ground
c. coastal or river erosion
d. defective design or workmanship or use of defective materials
e. Demolition, construction, structural alterations or repair of the Dwelling or ground works or excavations
i) Bursting and/or overflowing of Water Tanks, Apparatus and Pipes
j) Missile Testing Operation
k) Leakage from Automatic Sprinkler Installations. Excluding loss, destruction or damage caused by
a. Repairs or alterations to the Dwelling
b. Repairs, removal or extension of the sprinkler installation
c. Defects in construction known to You
l) Bush Fire
o) Act of Terrorism
4. Burglary/house-break: Any theft following upon actual, forcible and violent entry and/or exit from premises and includes house-breaking.
We not only cover the financial risk associated with the above but also provide you with exceptional service experience, so that you can go back to enjoying your favorite appliances as soon as possible.
There are many great reasons to buy a HomeAssist plan.
1. Your older appliances are more prone to breakdowns. A HomeAssist membership covers appliances up to 10 years old so that there are no surprise expenditures that can throw you off your budget.
2. No need to maintain different contracts for different appliances. With HomeAssist you can cover all the appliances in your home under a single plan.
3. No other protection plan in the market offers as wide a coverage as HomeAssist. We not only cover functional breakdowns but also accidental damages, burglary, fire and 14 other perils like flood, earthquake etc.
4. Ask any of your friends who has got one repaired recently, getting the products repaired is a big hassle. HomeAssist comes with service assurance so that you can relax while we do whatever is necessary to get your appliances back to normal working condition as soon as possible.
5. You get great valuation for your appliances, as we only apply a 10% depreciation per annum for your appliance’s age and no more than 50% depreciation.
HomeAssist or GadgetServ can be bought for the following product(s)/appliance(s) of all brands that are less than 10 years old subject to exclusions and special conditions mentioned hereunder:
1. Televisions – Panel TVs (LCD/LED/Plasma) are covered, Box TVs are excluded
2. Air Conditioners – Window, Split and Multi-split ACs will be covered (Each Indoor Unit (IDU) will be counted as one product); Tower, Cassette & HVAC excluded
3. Refrigerators – Only Refrigerators meant for domestic use will be covered
4. Washing Machines – Maximum capacity of the Washing Machine can be 9.9 kg
5. Microwave – Built-in Microwaves are excluded
6. Water Purifier – Non-electric water purifiers are excluded
7. Dryers – Maximum capacity 9.9 kg
8. Dishwashers – Only domestic dishwashers will be covered
9. Food Processors
10. Water Heaters – Only water heaters between 5 to 50 litres capacity will be covered
11. Air Coolers – Only branded Air Coolers will be covered (Assembled Air Coolers will not be covered)
12. Kitchen Chimneys – Only Domestic kitchen chimneys will be covered
13. OTG – Built in OTGs are excluded
14. Vacuum Cleaners – Only Domestic Vacuum Cleaners will be covered
15. Air Purifiers – Room Air Purifiers will be covered
We cover all brands for the 15 appliance categories that can be covered under HomeAssist plan.
HomeAssist plan covers products that are up to 10 years old.
HomeAssist plan provides a cover amount for the appliances you wish to cover. If you have expensive appliances, you may choose to protect fewer items under the plan, so that you receive better coverage for your covered appliances. e.g. You can choose to cover only 3 appliances under the plan that allows up to 5 appliances.
|Age of the product (in years)||Depreciation|
|0 – 1||10%|
|1 – 2||20%|
|2 – 3||30%|
|3 – 4||40%|
No, your plan entitles you unlimited repairs/claims. After every claim your remaining cover amount is calculated by subtracting the expenditure incurred by OneAssist in servicing the claim from your cover amount before the claim. There is no limit on the number of repairs as long as you have sufficient cover remaining.
No, HomeAssist plan is not transferable. If the ownership of your covered appliance changes, there will no longer be any coverage for that appliance.
Yes, accidental damage inside the premises is covered under the HomeAssist plan. The damage should not have been caused due to negligence or a wilful act on your part.
No, you can not change the appliances covered under the plan any time during the plan term
You will need to activate your plan after you have purchased a HomeAssist plan. Activation of your plan depends on the successful inspection of your appliances. Please follow the instructions communicated to you at the time of plan purchase to schedule an inspection. Scheduling an inspection is very easy and takes less than 5 minutes. Our expert will visit you at the scheduled time to ascertain that all your appliances that you wish to cover are functionally working. Your plan is activated soon after a successful activation and you will receive a welcome email and SMS.
Your plan cover starts immediately after successful inspection of your appliances that you wish to cover under the plan. Please note that only functionally working appliances can be covered under the plan and you will not be change the appliances covered under the plan at a later date.
If you do not schedule an inspection within the stipulated time, your membership will automatically be cancelled.
You can authorize any adult to be present during the inspection. Please share the OTP that you would receive to initiate and to end the inspection. Please also ensure that the person you authorize knows the appliances that you wish to cover as no modification will be allowed post inspection. Please note that only functionally working appliances will be covered under the plan.
Your plan will be activated after the successful inspection of your appliances. Any defects that occur before the activation are not covered under the plan. Also, if you fail to schedule an inspection within 30 days then plan will be automatically cancelled without any refund. Therefore, we request you to schedule an inspection as soon as possible.
Please call us on 1800 123 3330 and we will try to accommodate a change in the schedule.
Yes, you can cancel your HomeAssist plan for a full refund within 15 days of purchase. After 15 days there will be no refund.
No, a purchase invoice is not required for buying a HomeAssist plan but you should be the rightful owner of the appliances that you wish to cover.
Appliances that are not functionally working cannot be covered under the plan. If your appliance has other defects like broken parts, dents, scratch marks etc. that do not have any impact on its functional working before you purchase the plan, such defects will not be covered under the plan later as well. In any case, HomeAssist will not cover any defect that exist prior to activation of the plan including the defects that occur between your purchase and activation also.
You will have to register a service request or claim by calling our 24*7 toll-free helpline (1800 123 3330). OneAssist will soon make available the facility to raise a service request using the OneAssist website/Android and iOS Apps.
|Functional Breakdown||Accidental Damage||Burglary, Fire & Other Perils|
|Documents Required||No documents required from the Customer||1. ID Proof of the Customer|
2. Original Cancelled Cheque(Should contain name and all necessary information)
|1. ID Proof of the customer|
2. Original Cancelled Cheque (Should contain name and all necessary information)
3. Police Report or FIR in case of Burglary and Fire
4. Additional supporting documents like media report, newspaper cutouts etc. are required on case to case basis to prove actual incidence happened at loss location but this is only required when surveyor is not convinced with nature of loss.
|For claims over Rs.1 lac, we need KYC Form with Address & ID Proof|
We have an extensive service network with qualified technicians to handle your product repairs. Our qualified technician would reach your home or take the unit to our service center (if needed) for repairs.
Our qualified Service Expert would reach your home once you request for service. All our experts are background verified too keeping your security in mind.
Prior to the visit, we will share with you the Name & Number of the expert so that you let the right person in.
We only work with reputable and leading authorized service providers so that your product is always in safe hands. Our service experts are well trained and repair facilities are top of the class. Also, we only use genuine spare parts to repair your products.
Exactly that! The in-home service means a qualified technician will repair the product in your home. The responsibility is on us to perform repairs safely and conveniently. We will also help to un-install and then re-install your product if it is mounted on your wall. In case, the product can only be repaired at the service center, we will arrange for the transportation from your premises and back at no cost to you.
You get back to enjoying your product without paying anything. The expenses incurred will be deducted from the cover amount. Thus, the remaining cover amount will be total cover amount before the repair minus the current repair cost.
For functional breakdown you will have to pay nothing. For accidental damage you will have to pay Rs.2500 at the time of raising the service request. If the repair cost is less than 2500 then we will refund the difference amount. If the repair cost is more than 2500 then the difference amount will be debited from the cover amount.
Subject to the damage being covered under the plan, we will provide you with a monetary settlement reflecting the depreciated current market value of your appliance. The current market value is based on the brand, technology, size/capacity and age of your product. We provide the best valuation for your appliances as we apply no more than 50% depreciation. Please note that the current market value determined by OneAssist will be final and binding.
No, HomeAssist will cover all the accidental damages which will occur inside your premises. The damage should not have been caused due to negligence or a wilful damage on your part.
Yes, you can buy HomeAssist for such product provided it is in functional condition at the time of inspection.
Yes, you can avail service provided your new address comes under our serviceable pin code.